Decide which of the College’s two ePortfolios is best for you
The Training ePortfolio is based around the RCOG core curriculum and logbook and contains all associated assessments. It is intended for specialty trainees working towards their CCT, but can also be used by doctors working in non-training posts who may be working towards CESR.
- Keep a record of your core, ATSM and/or subspecialty curriculum/logbook competences and associated assessments
- Allow direct access for your Educational Supervisor(s) and College Tutor, so they can view and/or sign off your completed curriculum/logbook items and assessments
- Use the ‘log of experience’ section to keep records of clinical procedures and reflections on clinical situations you have encountered
- Send ‘ticket requests’ to assessors, allowing them to remotely complete assessment forms for any procedures they have observed
- Upload course certificates to a dedicated ‘courses’ section
- Upload other material relevant to your training to your ‘personal library’
- Download details of any relevant curriculum/logbook competences and/or forms that you have completed in PDF format
- Upload details of your professional development activities
- Keep a record of CPD credits accrued
The CPD ePortfolio is designed for doctors in non-training posts. It supports them to remain up to date in an ever-changing medical environment.
- Plan your learning
- Record your Learning Events and upload evidence
- Log your reflections on the learning achieved
- Log actions following your learning (for example, impact of learning)
- Submitting your answers to the TOG questions
- Downloading an output report between dates of your choice that can match my appraisal dates
- The CPD ePortfolio can be used on mobile technology
- Keep a record of your clinical procedures, competences, assessments or other training-related documentation
- Allow direct access to your appraiser or supervisor
The CPD ePortfolio is a benefit of College membership: UK and International Fellows and Members working in non-training posts can access the CPD ePortfolio at no additional cost.
If you do not hold the MRCOG Part 3 and wish to have access to the CPD ePortfolio, you can do so by becoming an Associate member of the RCOG. Find out more about Associate membership.
Associate members do not receive access to the Training ePortfolio as part of their benefits. However, UK Associates can apply to access the Training ePortfolio for an additional fee of £35 per year. Before applying, we suggest that you discuss your needs with your appraiser or supervisor.
Some non-training grade doctors (e.g. SAS, Trust, Clinical Fellows, etc.) may have training elements in their job plan and would like to keep a record of their competencies. If so, they can apply to have access to the Training ePortfolio as well as the CPD ePortfolio. We recommend that you discuss this with your appraiser or supervisor before applying.