Wesleyan Financial Services is proud to provide financial advice to RCOG members, fellows and their families, from early career into retirement and beyond.
Wesleyan Financial Services is proud to provide financial advice to RCOG Members, Fellows and their families, from early career into retirement and beyond. Wesleyan Financial Services have an in-depth understanding of your career paths and the type of financial decisions you face. Through local Specialist Financial Advisers, they have helped many medical professionals plan their financial futures, in a range of areas tailored to suit personal circumstances and aspirations.
As a mutual organisation with no shareholders and over 180 years’ experience, Wesleyan Assurance Society focus entirely on their members, and you can have confidence that your finances are in safe hands.
Below are just some of the areas that a Wesleyan Financial Services Adviser can support you:
Retirement planning: Whether you are at pre- or post-retirement, they can help. They have an in-depth understanding of the NHS Pension Scheme – including legacy schemes and the Government’s announcement to remove age discrimination from 2015’s reformed NHS Pension Scheme, plus the impact of Annual Allowance and Lifetime Allowance.
Inheritance Tax planning: Advice can be provided on how to reduce the tax burden on those inheriting your estate, using trusts and gifts.^
Savings and investments: An enhanced investment advice service offers you a greater range of options and more in-depth guidance than ever before, both on a personal and commercial basis.* (Please remember the value of investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest).
Fee-free mortgage advice:** They have access to a comprehensive range of mortgages from across the market, providing advice and personal assistance with your application.
Income protection: A plan can be arranged that supports you with a regular income, in the event that you are unable to work due to illness or injury. Especially important if you are a locum or are a retired doctor who has returned to work to offer support through COVID-19.
Disclaimer: RCOG is not responsible for financial decisions made by RCOG Members, individuals own due-diligence is advised.
Exclusive financial planning webinars
Wesleyan Financial Services are also offering free-to-attend webinars, providing insight across a wide range of areas, to help manage your finances as a medical professional. Informal events with ample opportunities for questions, topics that can be covered include:
- Understanding the NHS Pension Scheme An extremely popular subject, this includes types of memberships across the various sections, increasing benefits, Covid 19 related changes, plus Annual and Lifetime Allowance considerations.
- What does pension age discrimination mean for you A very topical issue and also known as the McCloud judgement, this covers the background, who is affected, recent announcements and how you can plan ahead.
- Planning for a healthy retirement A key consideration for most, both now and in the future, this examines retirement in today’s world, key challenges and considerations, planning ahead, tax implications and the NHS Pension Scheme.
- Estate planning made simple Linked to retirement planning but broad enough to warrant an in-depth focus, this looks at developing a strategy, potential outcomes, options available, key considerations and next steps.^
- Investing for your financial future Split across two important areas, this begins with a look at investment goals and options, before picking up market considerations and returns. (Please remember the value of investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest.)
- Understanding your mortgage options With different webinars depending on your current position on the property ladder, these include key considerations, mortgage types, remortgaging, moving house, plus notes for first time buyers**.
- Financial fitness Of particular interest to younger doctors but relevant to all, this addresses the key areas to help you achieve financial fitness including initial steps, establishing the foundations and building for the future.
Disclaimer: RCOG has developed with Wesleyan Financial Services an opportunity to make its members aware of the financial advice and support services offered by Wesleyan. RCOG has developed this with Wesleyan on a non-exclusive basis. All promotional and advertising materials provided by Wesleyan Financial Services is fully independent of the RCOG. RCOG is acting an introducer only, it is the responsibility of those opting to take advantage of the advice, services and products offered by Wesleyan Financial Services to ensure it meets their requirements.
** Wesleyan Financial Services acts as a broker for mortgages and will be paid a fee by the mortgage lender upon completion of the loan. . Your mortgage is secured against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
RCOG Trading Limited is a limited company whose registered office is situated at 10-18 Union Street, London, England, SE1 1SZ. Telephone 020 7772 6200. www.rcog.org.uk. RCOG Trading Limited is an introducer appointed representative of Wesleyan Financial Services Limited.
Advice is provided by Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd.
‘WESLEYAN’ is a trading name of the Wesleyan Group of companies.
Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd (Registered in England and Wales No. 1651212) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is wholly owned by Wesleyan Assurance Society. Wesleyan Assurance Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Incorporated in England and Wales by Private Act of Parliament (No. ZC145). Registered Office: Colmore Circus, Birmingham B4 6AR. Telephone: 0345 351 2352. Calls may be recorded to help us provide, monitor and improve our services to you.
Wesleyan Unit Trust Managers Ltd (Registered in England and Wales No. 2114859) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Wesleyan Unit Trust Managers Ltd is wholly owned by Wesleyan Assurance Society which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Wesleyan Unit Trust Managers Ltd is also a member of The Investment Association. Telephone: 0330 123 3813. Telephone calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.