Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- Thursday 20 January 2022
- Thursday 17 February 2022
- Thursday 17 March 2022
- Thursday 21 April 2022
- Thursday 19 April 2022
- Thursday 16 June 2022
- Thursday 21 July 2022
- Thursday 18 August 2022
- Thursday 15 September 2022
- Thursday 20 October 2022
- Thursday 17 November 2022
- Thursday 15 December 2022
The Equivalence Advisory Group reports to Education Board.
- To define and map “equivalence” with respect to the evolving curriculum.
- To assess applicants’ equivalence to a day one Consultant.
- To agree methods of assessment according to guidance issued by the General Medical Council (GMC).
- To assess applications and submit recommendations to the GMC.
- To monitor best practice in equivalence matters in other Colleges.
- To liaise with the GMC on all issues regarding applications, reviews, re-applications and appeals.
- To consider the liability to the College and how this may be indemnified.
- To note matters of concern in the College’s Risk Register, as appropriate, and in a timely manner.
- The Equivalence Group will report to the Education Board within the College with regard to recommendations on the equivalence of training.
- To respond to GMC consultations concerning CESR-related matters.
- To engage in discussion with stakeholders, both internal and external (e.g. Specialty Education Advisory Committee, Deaneries) on CESR-related matters.
Frequency of meetings
Once a month, depending on how many CESR applications are received.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6451
Senior Equivalence Advisor
- Mrs Sarah Reynolds FRCOG
Deputy Senior Equivalence Advisor
- Dr Eman Toeima FRCOG
- Mr Hossam Elsheikh MRCOG
- Dr Tahira Naeem FRCOG
- Dr Fatima Abu Amna FRCOG
- Dr Glefy Furtado MRCOG
- Mrs Avideah Nejad FRCO
- Dr Humera Ansar FRCOG
- Ms Natasha Nicole Archer MRCOG
- Mr Mohamed Abdelalim Mohamed Elnasharty MRCOG
- Dr Judith Moore FRCOG
- Mr Mahmoud Moussa MRCOG
- Dr Padma Munjuluri FRCOG
- Dr Roopa Nair FRCOG
- Dr Vidya Tamhankar MRCOG
- Dr Daisy Nirmal MRCOG