The library team are here to help you. If you’d like some additional support for your research then please submit an enquiry to us. We’ll be able to find the resources you need on your behalf, from statistics and images to publication and biographical information.
In this section
The College provides a number of bespoke services to assist those undertaking research.
Some of our library resources are only available to RCOG Fellows, Members and registered Trainees as a benefit of membership.
Please log in to the website to ensure you can access all of our services.
The Library and Heritage collections fully re-open from Monday 6 June 2022
We are happy to announce the full re-opening of the RCOG and RCM Library and Heritage Collections, including:
- The re-opening of the Museum and accredited Archive services, including research visits and guided tours
- A return of full access to the Library print collection of specialist books and journals
- Opening of the RCOG and RCM Arulkumaran Reading Room, featuring a portrait of the former President above the Enquiry Desk.
Appointments to access the Collections can be booked in advance via email or telephone on the following days between 10.00 and 16.00:
- Monday – RCOG Library
- Tuesday – RCM Library
- Wednesday – RCOG and RCM Heritage
- Thursday – RCOG and RCM Heritage
- Friday – RCOG Library.
Please note that some of the Library and Archives print collection is in storage. So, wherever possible:
- appointments to access these collections are be made at least 4 days in advance; and
- document delivery times may be extended.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Research and Information Services Team
Access our collection and archive
The RCOG Library holds a unique collection of books, reports and journals covering women’s health from 1478 to the modern day. These resources are available through the College reading room or digitally as eJournals.
As part of our library service offering, the College’s research support team can source material on your behalf, posting or emailing select chapters and articles directly to you. Find out more about the assistance and materials we provide below.
The RCOG Library team have lots of advice and tips for keeping up-to-date on publications in your area of focus. They’ve shared instructions and guides, alongside some other helpful research techniques for you to try out and employ.