This section provides information to help trainers deliver the specialty training programme in O&G.
You may also find some of the information aimed at trainees useful:
- About specialty training in O&G – overview of the training programme, including assessment and progression through training
- Curriculum – core modules, ultrasound, ATSMs, subspecialty and academic training in O&G
Responsibility for training
The responsibility for training page outlines the structure of postgraduate training, with details of who’s responsible for delivering which elements of the programme.
Assessment and appraisal
The assessment and appraisal section provides information for trainers about:
- Induction and appraisal
- Workplace-based assessments
- Annual review of training
- The ePortfolio
The curriculum resources section provides specific guidance for trainers about how to deliver specific parts of the curriculum:
- Deanery management of subspecialty training and trainees
- Assessment principles for subspecialty trainees
- Applying for subspecialty training centre recognition
The quality management section outlines the RCOG’s strategy for quality management of training, including the externality process and associated forms.