The library team are here to help you. If you’d like some additional support for your research then please submit an enquiry to us. We’ll be able to find the resources you need on your behalf, from statistics and images to publication and biographical information.
In this section
The College provides a number of bespoke services to assist those undertaking research.
Some of our library resources are only available to RCOG Fellows, Members and registered Trainees as a benefit of membership.
Please log in to the website to ensure you can access all of our services.
The shared RCOG and RCM Library and Heritage collections @ Union Street
Appointments to access the Collections can be booked in advance via email or telephone on the following days between 10.00 and 16.00:
- Monday – RCOG Library
- Tuesday – RCM Library
- Wednesday – RCOG and RCM Heritage
- Thursday – RCOG and RCM Heritage
- Friday – RCOG Library.
Please note that some of the Library and Archives print collection is in storage. So, wherever possible:
- appointments to access these collections are be made at least 4 days in advance; and
- document delivery times may be extended.
Between Monday 09 January to Friday 31 March 2023, the RCM library collections and service will have limited access to the physical print collections; the Heritage collections are operating as normal:
- the Reading and Quiet Room (R&QR) at Union Street will be open for access to RCM’s physical library collections on Tuesdays by prior arrangement only with the RCM Librarian and facilitated by the RCOG Library Manager
- all other services will be delivered via our digital platforms and channels, including document delivery and literature searches.
You can also access the RCM e-resources from the RCM website.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Research and Information Services Team
Access our collection and archive
The RCOG Library holds a unique collection of books, reports and journals covering women’s health from 1478 to the modern day. These resources are available through the College reading room or digitally as eJournals.
As part of our library service offering, the College’s research support team can source material on your behalf, posting or emailing select chapters and articles directly to you. Find out more about the assistance and materials we provide below.
The RCOG Library team have lots of advice and tips for keeping up-to-date on publications in your area of focus. They’ve shared instructions and guides, alongside some other helpful research techniques for you to try out and employ.