Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 3-4 February: In-person meeting, dinner and talk
- 27 May 2022
- 23 September 2022
- 2 December 2022
4 per year.
Members are required to attend at least 3 meetings.
The Examination and Assessment Committee reports to Education Board.
The following sub-committees report to the Examination and Assessment Committee:
- DRCOG Sub-committee
- Part 1 & 2 MRCOG Standard Setting committee
- Part 1 MRCOG Sub-committee
- Part 2 MRCOG EMQ Sub-committee
- Part 2 MRCOG SBA Sub-committee
- Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment Sub-committee
The Examination and Assessment Committee is a standing committee of the RCOG Council. The majority of the Committee's work relates to the MRCOG and DRCOG examinations, although there are other matters considered by the Committee.
- The Committee is responsible for establishing the content and recommending to the Education Board the format of College examinations.
- The Committee is responsible for setting, marking and reviewing questions and question papers.
- The Committee ensures the standard, validity and fairness of examinations and produces appropriate pass lists.
- The Committee oversees the function of the Examination Department, including communication with candidates, the logistics of preparing for examinations and communications with overseas centres.
- The Committee recommends to the Education Board suitable individuals to become DRCOG and MRCOG examiners and also suggests suitable Members and Fellows to be Members of the various Sub-Committees of the Examination and Assessment Committee.
- On a regular basis, advice and help is given to overseas examinations and, from time to time, recommendations are made with regard to suitable College representatives to be external examiners for these examinations.
- The Chair of the Examination and Assessment Committee and the Committee itself is, from time to time, responsible for providing advice to the President, Council and the Finance and General Purposes Committee on matters pertaining to examinations.
Hiu To – Examinations Officer (Committee Secretary)
- Chair, selected by competitive interview, according to the approved role description
- 14 members selected according to the approved role description
- Prof Colin Duncan – Committee Chair
- Miss Susan Ward – Vice President, Education
- Dr Imogen Montague – Quality Assurance Representative
- Mr Anthony Griffiths – Part 1 MRCOG Sub-committee Chair
- Mr Andrew Thomas Leather - Part 2 MRCOG EMQ Sub-committee Chair
- Dr Sanjay Kallat - Part 2 MRCOG SBA Sub-committee Chair
- Mr Paul Mills - Part 3 MRCOG Sub-committee Chair
- Dr Sanjay Rao - DRCOG Sub-committee Chair
- Mr Andrew Sizer – Part 1 & 2 MRCOG Standard Setting sub-committee Chair
- Mrs Maria Viner - RCOG Women's Network Representative
- Ms Indhu Prabakar - Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (FSRH) Representative
- Dr Elisabeth Haslett - Specialty Education Advisory Committee Representative
- Dr Piyanga Pabasaree Athauda - Trainees’ Committee Representative
- Mr Hassan Shehata - International Representative Committee